Rising Star Symposium
The goal of the Rising Star Symposium is to attract the best and brightest combinations of youth and wisdom working in the clinical and basic science of liver transplantation research today. Young investigators and their designated mentors are invited to submit an abstract.
The Program Planning Committee will award six young investigator/mentor teams, and the winning teams each give a joint 20 minute presentation.
The mentor will give a 4-minute presentation of the background information and previous data relevant to the topic. The objective of the mentor's presentation is to educate the Congress attendees on the importance and relevance of the work to be presented.
The young investigator will follow with an 8-minute presentation of the data submitted in the abstract. There will be 8 minutes allotted for discussion.
- This award is based on the abstract’s degree of excellence.
- The young investigator and mentor MUST be the presenting authors. No exceptions will be made.
- Both mentor and Young Investigator MUST be current ILTS members.
- The Young Investigator (mentee) must be age 42 or younger.
- Only the Young Investigator (mentee) receives the award honorarium.